2/27/10

let my balalaika sing what my guitar wants to say.

next week we'll do our very best to lay down the last bits to the last song. we were to start on it this week but i freezed my hands off trying to get to the studio by public transportation and lost my mood along the way (sweden is experiencing its coldest winter for 144 years and apparently i'm having problems finding the right gloves to go along with it). luckily i'd just written lyrics to another song and thomas read it, liked it and nailed it. all in two hours! i'm still a bit amazed that during this process, we haven't really left the studio more than once or twice feeling we'd done a poor job or even saved some work for the next session. and since we are no machines, it has to be inspiration that drives us. i don't think we're exeptional by any means, i'm just glad to experience what i've imagined so many other bands have experienced berfore me.

so, come early march and we have 14 complete songs. and since 14 songs are a bit much for an album we have a new and luxurious problem we've never had to deal with before: we have to pick out songs for the album. right now, since we've just put our souls into everyone of them, that might become a problem. but it's a cross i can bare, haha, making a killer album and all!

talk to you soon.
/misha.

6 comments:

Tom said...

I know a solution to your luxurious problem:

Make a double album!!

Can´t wait for the album!

LINGUA said...

haha, i'm a bit tempted, but i won't go all guns n roses on this album. it just wouldn't be fair after all our hard work. but you know, good songs won't go unheard, they'll find a way to your ears later on..

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that I interfere, I too would like to express the opinion.

LINGUA said...

sorry 'bout that, i totally missed that som comments ended up in a brand new spam folder i didn't even know existed. i will start checking there for serious comments on a regular basis. thanks for the heads up! and thaks for readin'! /misha.

Anonymous said...

I guess you'll want to add a twitter button to your website. Just bookmarked this article, however I had to make it by hand. Just my 2 cents.